Aiosyn is on a mission to accelerate the adoption of artificial intelligence in pathology with the potential to improve the chances of patients worldwide. We are a growing team of AI enthusiasts transforming state-of-the-art algorithms into certified medical devices that can be used anywhere, anytime. Our AI solutions will benefit millions of patients in pathology diagnostics worldwide.
We are looking for a talented MSc student with a strong technical background who wants to contribute to our mission as part of a research internship. The exact contents of your internships will be based on our current challenges, roadmap and your input.
Note: Currently, our slots for internships starting September 2023 are filled. We can only process applications for Q4 2023 or Q1 2024.
What your background looks like
- You have completed your BSc and are currently pursuing a Master’s degree in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Computer Science or a related field from a Dutch university.
- You are available for 6 months (longer project also possible), and are able to work from our office in Nijmegen for at least 3 days per week (based on a full time internship).
- You have an interest in medical imaging and experience with computer vision / deep learning. Demonstrable prior experience with medical imaging is a plus (e.g., a course or student project).
- You have a strong technical background, and experience with programming in Python.
- You are eager to learn and can work independently.
- You are fluent in English.
Note: We currently can only offer internships to students that are studying at a Dutch university.
What we offer
- A fast-moving and innovative work environment where you can experience what it’s like working at a young AI startup.
- The ability to work on and develop your own innovative AI solutions, either as part of Aiosyn’s existing products or as part of new projects.
- In case of a thesis project, a senior employee (with PhD) can act as the internal supervisor.
- Get hands-on experience in developing and training AI at scale, using cloud-based technologies.
- You will be part of a young multidisciplinary team of experts that work together to bring AI to clinical practice.
- A good purpose: our products will help doctors to assess complex diseases like prostate or breast cancer, for the benefit of patients and society.
- An internship allowance of €350- €450 per month on a full-time basis (40 hours).
- Flexible working hours, the possibility of part-time working from home, and a cool office situated on the university campus surrounded by green areas in Nijmegen.
- Startup perks: fresh drinks&food, walking lunch in the botanical garden, table tennis championship, pizza&beer evenings, bowling nights, next-door sports facilities, and much more!
Please note that you need to be registered as a student during the entire period of the internship. The internship must be part of your Master’s thesis or research internship involving a supervisor from your university. This round we only accept applications from students from Dutch universities.