Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Aiosyn is looking for a core member of our engineering team, a highly motivated individual that designs, implements, and maintains the great software that powers all of our products.
Aiosyn’s mission is to accelerate the adoption of artificial intelligence in pathology diagnostics to improve the chances of cancer patients worldwide. If this mission sounds exciting to you, come and join us!
At Aiosyn, we develop state-of-the-art AI solutions to help doctors to better diagnose complex diseases like cancer, and ultimately improve the lives of patients. We are looking for a core member of our engineering team, a highly motivated individual that designs, implements, and maintains the great software that powers all of our products.
What your responsibilities would look like:
- Design, develop, maintain, and test the code that powers our products.
- Collaborate with our AI scientists to bring machine learning models into production.
- Build robust integrations between our platform and third-party APIs.
- Lead others in adopting the best practices of software engineering (e.g. CI/CD, Agile, unit testing, etc.).
- Develop a cloud-native, secure, and scalable platform to support Aiosyn’s growing needs for computing and storage, for both development and production purposes.
- Write technical documentation associated with our medical devices.
What your background looks like:
- University degree equivalent to Master’s education in software engineering or a similar discipline.
- You have demonstrable experience in (at least) one of the following: cloud computing (AWS), AI-based software (deep learning), and/or medical devices.
- Comfortable with Python, AWS, Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform), Git, machine learning frameworks (e.g., Tensorflow), Docker.
- Proven track record writing code for production customer-facing applications such as APIs, marketplace apps, website apps, etc.
- Experience in DevOps and MLOps supporting the entire lifecycle of AI-powered software products: data preparation, model training, testing, inference, bug tracking, monitoring, documentation, etc.
- Knowledge of the field of medical image analysis (ideally computational pathology): image modalities, common tasks, organs, tools, formats, standards, models, pitfalls, literature, etc.
- Familiar with quality management (ISO13485 and ISO27001) and/or medical device regulations in Europe (MDR and/or IVDR).
What we offer:
- An exciting, fast-paced, multi-hat engineering position in a thrilling medtech startup.
- A good purpose: our products will help doctors to assess complex diseases like prostate or breast cancer, for the benefit of patients and society.
- A very flat work hierarchy where your opinion will always be listened to, and will have an impact on what we do.
- A welcoming atmosphere with a positive vibe, where work-life balance is a priority.
- An opportunity to lead others, learn by doing, grow with the team, and be the best version of yourself.
- Flexible working hours, possibility of remote work, and a cool office situated on the university campus surrounded by green areas in Nijmegen.
- A competitive salary, and 25 holidays per year (plus additional public holidays).
- Startup perks: fresh drinks&food, walking lunch in the botanical garden, table tennis championship, pizza&beer evenings, bowling nights, next-door sports facilities, and much more!